September 10, 2015

Introducing Me


Hi. I wanted to more informally introduce myself. I’m Kate. I’m pretty new to the blogging world, and I’m not quite the writer I wish I was, so bear with me.  

Like Nicolette said, people are my passion, so most of the blog posts you’ll see from me will probably be me stumbling over my words trying to relate to anyone who is reading this. I could only post so many times about my love for wearing neutrals and shopping at H&M. I’m just saying, prepare for me to share all the thoughts bouncing around my brain. Whether or not you read them, that’s up to you.  

I don’t care much to be heard. I don’t have some huge message to assert, or a personal agenda to push. I just want people who read this to know they’re not alone. At the least, if one person feels understood or heard because of something that I wrote, then it’s all worth it. I don’t desire to be relevant to everyone; I just want to be relevant to someone.  

If you are asking yourself why I care about people so much; people who are fallen, struggling, and actually awful; it’s Jesus. I’m going to be very straightforward in saying that without Jesus, I probably wouldn’t give a rip about very many people. It is because of the way that Jesus loves me that I can love other people. Because if you think about it, people are ugly and mean inside, and I am no exception to this.  People are sinful, and so am I; people are rude and selfish, and so am I; people let other people down, and so do I. But people are also loved, forgiven, and redeemed; and so am I. So, I love people because I am loved.


Now I know what you’re thinking, and no, I’m not some crazy, convert-everyone, bible thumper. Yes, I am passionate about my Savior, but I am not in the business of harassing or condemning people who do not have a faith like mine. But, I am also not in the business of hiding my light under a bushel; I’m gonna let it shine.  

So, if you’re still reading this: first of all, wow, thanks for sticking with me! I am excited to continue to falter and flail, all while learning to do this whole blogging thing alongside Hannah and Nicolette, and alongside you guys, my steadfast readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Magnolia Girls.
powered by blogger and coffee.