October 30, 2015

Fall Favorites


Sweater  ||  Banana Republic (similar here)
Pants  ||  H&M
Shoes  || Target

It is the season for breezy days and chilly evenings.  Each year the leaves change, the weather gets cooler, and my excitement peaks each time I slide open my closet door.  With autumn temperatures come so many options, so many layers, and so many combinations.  With the possibilities being practically endless, I tend to stick to my four fall staples. These are pieces that I trust, always feel confident in, and literally go with anything because they are easily mix-and-matched. Here are my four must-haves this time of year:

1. Fierce Top-Knot.
Want to know why you'll love this one? Because it won't cost you a penny, and it is so simple to do. When you have long locks like me, the wind can sometimes be your worst nightmare, which is why the top-knot bun is perfect for those gusty afternoons. It's a quick fix when you're in a rush or when your hair is just not loving you back. Bad hair days be gone! You can leave it on the messier side or tame it with bobbies for a sleeker look. Up-dos are something I used to avoid at all costs, but the top-knot has stolen my heart.

2. Favorite Sweater
Everyone needs a favorite sweater...or five. It makes you feel fearless, but keeps you warm, while still looking great. My go-to is a soft beige, crew neck. It shouldn't be of any surprise that my knitted soulmate is a neutral hue. I just can't get away from earth tones, and I don't think I ever want to.

3. Fall-Colored Pants
Currently I have been crushing over my new olive skinny jeans. Before these pants walked into my life, I was pretty skeptical of pants that weren't a classic shade of denim, black, or tan. Honestly, it took me four months after I bought them to even wear them out. But once I gave them a fair chance, I fell head over heels for them. They double for casual occasions with flats and a cardigan and dressier events matched with stilettos and a flowy top.  Maroon and mustard are next on my wish-list.

4. Faithful Booties
I cannot get enough of booties; they’re the real prize of any Saturday afternoon shopping trip.  Maybe it's because shoes are my weakness, but there is just something about them that catch my eye, and my wallet. With the different styles, materials, and colors, it's hard to choose my preferred pair. Lately, I have been wearing my black, suede, wedges with a cute little tie. They look great with just about anything you couple with them! But the absolute best part about them is that they look glam without killing my feet. Score! When you find shoes that do this for you, buy them right then and there! Your feet will thank you later. My motto is that you can never have too many boots! 


3 comments:

  1. I love this outfit, the colors work so well together, and they're perfect for fall without being over the top orange and yellow. I've never really gone for colored denim either, but olive pants seem like they're practically a neutral! I'll have to try it sometime.

    The idea behind this blog is so cute as well, I love how you guys stay in touch with this blog, and it's lovely seeing your different fashion styles!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading! We definitely have different styles! It's something we embrace:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics! You look so cute in those booties. You can also try gloss red ones from Wellington, they are perfect to complement any outfit.

    ReplyDelete

The Magnolia Girls.
powered by blogger and coffee.